Beautiful Stranger Review

Beautiful Stranger
By: Christina Lauren
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
 
A charming British Playboy.
A girl determined to finally live.
And a secret liaison revealed in all too vivid colour.
Escaping a cheating ex, finance wiz Sara Dillion’s moved to New York City and is looking for excitement and passion without a lot of strings attached. So meeting the irresistible, sexy Brit at a dance club should have meant nothing more than a night’s fun. But the manner- and speed- with which he melts her inhabitations turns him from a one-time hookup and into her Beautiful Stranger.

The whole city knows that Max Stella loves women, not that he’s ever found one he particularly wants to keep around. Despite pulling in plenty with his Wall Street bad boy charm, it’s not until Sara- and the wild photos she lets him take of her- that he starts wondering if there’s someone for him outside of the bedroom.

Hooking up in places where anybody could catch them, the only thing scarier for Sara than getting caught in public is having Max get too close in private.

My review
Plot: Beautiful Stranger is the second book in the Beautiful Bastard series and is from the point of view of our two main characters: Sara Dillion and Max Steller. Sara (Chloe’s best friend) has just dumped her cheating ex fiancé and is not looking for anything serious, just some hot, sweaty fun. Enter Max Steller (Bennett’s friend from college), a hot British womaniser and after a hot steamy romp at a dance club, Sara’s new Beautiful Stranger. And so begins their adventure into meeting up and having sex in weird and wonderful locations where, most times, they could be caught at any time by anyone and taking photos of these encounters for their eyes only. Both Max and Sara learn a lot about not only themselves but each other and discover things that they wouldn’t have ever imagined that they liked. 

What I liked about the book: I loved the absolute hotness that Beautiful Stranger contained.   The sex scenes will have you blushing stop light red and you will be left hot and bothered and in need of a nice cold shower after reading the book. And the places that Max and Sara have sex will leave you dreaming of having the same experiences that they have.
I must also admit that I liked Beautiful Stranger better than Beautiful Bastard and I can properly say that I will like the next instalment in the series even better. The books just seem to get better and better with each one.

What I didn’t like about the book: There wasn’t really much that I didn’t like about this book besides the fact that it had to end.

Favourite character: Now this is a tough one. I mean Sara changes so much throughout the book, from a timid fiancé who decides to uproot her life after discovering that her fiancé has been cheating on her for six years to a sex maniac who likes being photographed and having sex in public places.  But I think the winner has to be Max Steller. I mean what girl wouldn’t fall in love with him. For starters he is soooo hot and hello he is British. Pretty much sums it all up right there.

Favourite part/quote: This quote says it all:
“ When I say ‘I love you’ I don’t mean that I love what being with you does for my career, or I love how often you’re willing to shag. I mean I love you. I love making you laugh, and seeing how you react to things, and getting to know the little things about you. I love who I am with you, and I’m trusting you not to hurt me.”

5/5


Comments