Book Review: Vet Cadets- Pudding in Peril by Rebecca Johnson

Vet Cadets: Pudding in Peril
Author: Rebecca Johnson
Publisher: Penguin Australia
Release date: 1/05/17
Pages: 152 pages
R.R.P: $14.99
                                       
Do you love animals?
Do you like to learn new animal facts? 
Do you enjoy solving mysteries?
Then you'll want to be a Vet Cadet!

Hannah, Abbey and Talika are new recruits at Willowvale boarding school's special Vet Cadets program. This term, it's all about cattle. Abbey is determined to prove herself in a cattle-cutting competition against a nearby boys boarding school.

But when Talika's pony, Pudding, falls dangerously I'll, the friends need all their investigation skills and determination if they're to save his life.

My review
Thoughts on the book: In book 2 of the Vet Cadets series we are back at Willowvalle Boarding school for another fantastic adventure with our favourite Vet Cadets Hannah, Abbey and Talika and their horses/ponies Pudding, Pepper and Bedazzled. This time the girls and their horses are preparing for the Willowvale Country Show where they will each put something into the arts and craft competitions and Abbey and Hannah will compete in some horse events. Everything is going smoothly until suddenly on their way home Pudding starts to fall ill on the way home and suddenly is fighting for his life. Can the girls find out what happens to Pudding in time or will it be too late?

My daughter and I are absolutely loving this series. The amazing friendship that the girls have with not only each other but also their horses is very like the Saddle Club girls but set for a younger audience and I think many girls will go around wanting to be a Vet Cadet now (I know my daughter does). The tips for future vets are also a really awesome inclusion as it lets us learn a bit more about animals that we might not have otherwise known. The plot is easy to follow and being only a short book with easy to read text makes it fantastic foryounger competent readers. I can't wait to see where this terrific threesome go next.

My daughters review: I loved this book and even enjoyed it more than the first one. I learnt heaps from this book such as horses can get sick from certain plants which will help me when I'm older as I want to be a vet like the girls in the book. I can't wait to read the next books


Rating: 5/5

    



Comments