Book Review Caraval by Stephanie Garber (Finally)

Caraval
Author: Stephanie Garber
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Pages: 401 pages
Publication date: January 2017
R.R.P: $24.99
Scarlett has never left the tiny isle of Trisda, pining from afar for the wonder of Caraval, a once-a-year week-long performance where the audience participates in the show.

Caraval is Magic. Mystery. Adventure. And for Scarlett and her beloved sister Tella it represents freedom and an escape from their ruthless, abusive father.

When the sisters' long-awaited invitations to Caraval finally arrive, it seems their dreams have come true. But no sooner have they arrived then T Lola vanishes, kidnapped by the show's mastermind organiser, Lengend.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens at Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But nonetheless she quickly becomes enmeshed in a dangerous game of love, magic and heartbreak. And real or not, she must find Tells before the game is over, and her sister disappears for ever.

Welcome to Caraval, where nothing is quite as it seems.

My review
Though on the book: I seriously thought I had already written and posted my review for Caraval but I found this and a few other older ones hidden away in a to post review pile where I don't normally put them. So I am sorry about that guys and since I didn't write down my thoughts somewhere this review may not have been as good as it would have been had I done it when I thought I did. Believe me I have learnt a very valuable lesson here.

I recieved an ARC of Caraval from Hachette and I couldn't believe how pretty it was when I opened it and it wasn't even the finished cover. I had heard a lot of fantastic things about it and knew that it was a highly anticipated read for 2017. So I started it with great gusto and I can tell you I never looked back. I found the mystical magical storyline fascinating and was drawn in right away. Upon opening the book and a couple of pages in there is a fantastic map of Caraval and then the story starts with
'It took seven years to get the letter right'
which is then followed by letters (which I absolutely love in books). We are then thrown into Scarlett and Tella's world and subsequently not long after Caraval. We are lead on a fantastic story told through the eyes of Scarlett as she tries to track down her sister after the legendary Master of Caraval, Legend takes her captive. With twists and turns that you never see coming, characters who you instantly trust only to discover that you defiantly shouldn't have and the ones that you didn't trust that you should have throughout the story and a connection that starts as barely anything that could lead to the biggest love of all thrown at us what's not to love about this amazing 2017 release. I can't wait to see what happens in book 2 (I'm pretty sure there is a book two) well at least I hope there is because I defiantly need more of Scarlett, Tella and Julian and the Caraval world.

Rating: 5/5

Comments