Following the crowd or not to follow the crowd?

So over the past couple of weeks my news feeds on both my Instagram and Facebook have been filled with people talking about A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Mass, or affectionately known as ACOWAR in the book world. Whether it was the person talking about waiting for their copy or about what happened in the book, it was just everywhere and it felt like the Harry Potter phenomenon all over again. But I haven't actually read the series yet. I received a copy of the first book, A Court of Thorns and Roses when it first came out and it is still sitting in my TBR shelf because it's just not appealing to me at the moment. I keep picking it up to read and then putting it back down as I have found something else that I would rather read. The same can be said about Sarah J. Mass's other series, Throne of Glass. I am yet to read this series either, although I have started it and am slowly reading through it when I'm sitting in the car waiting to pick my kids up. It's not that I don't like it, it's like I've said before other books have come along and I have just found that I would rather read them. 
It's got me thinking though am I the only one not to have read these series yet? What series have you got on your TBR pile that everyone else is mad for but you haven't quite gotten around to reading it yet?

Comments