Book Review: When I'm Gone by Abbi Glines

When I'm Gone
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
Pages: 262 pages
When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach, #11) 
 Mase Colt-Manning has always prefereed the Texas ranch life to his birth right as the son of a legendary rock star. In fact, he rarely visits his father in Rosemary Beach, especially if it means staying with his vile half-sister, Nan. Until one visit leads to a chance encounter with a young, gorgeous house maid who awakens him with her off-key but spirited country singing.
Reese Ellis finally has her freedom. Escaping her unhappy life she seizes the opportunity to work for some of the richest families in Rosemary Beach. But when an accident puts her job in jeopardy, a hot, half-naked stranger with a cowboy swagger comes to her rescue. At first she's intrigued- then afraid once he shows interest. Reese has never met a trustworthy man in her life. Will Mase be different?

My Review
Thoughts on the book: When I'm Gone is the 11th book in Abbi Glines' Rosemary Beach series. It features the POV's of Mase Colt-Manning, who we have met in previous books and is Harlow and Nan's half brother and Kiro Manning's son, and a newcomer to the series Reese Ellis, a young woman who has had a very troubled past and is trying to work out where she belongs. Right from the start they seem to have this amazing chemistry but both are a little afraid to pursue it.
 I think Reese and Mase relationship is a lot like the other relationships that Abbi writes about where someone is normally really rich or is very popular and then you have the other person who is normally from the wrong side of the tracks or had a very bad upbringing. But these two different people always seem to make for an interesting story and is one of the reasons why I love Abbi's books so much.
Like with all of Abbi Glines books in a series we get to see some of our other favourite, and not so favourite Nan anyone, characters from the other books that we have fallen in love with. In When I'm Gone we get a real insight in to Jimmy, who is Reese's neighbour and who helps get her a job at the club where all our favourites tend to work at one time or another.

Favourite quote/moment:
“Every step I’ve taken in life has led me to you,” she said in a whisper. “And because I’m here now, I don’t regret one thing. For every bad thing that happened, I’ve been rewarded something even more beautiful than all of the bad in return. You made it worth it. You’re my gift in life. I lived through the bad and survived. My reward was that God gave me you.” 

“I had actually been pissed off at the mirror for hurting her. Who gets fucking mad at an object?”  

Rating: 5/5

Comments