Book Review: Legacy Of Kings by Eleanor Herman

Legacy of Kings
Author: Eleanor Herman
Publisher:Harlequin Teen Australia
Pages: 461pages
 Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)
Imagine a time, when the gods turn a blind eye on the agony of men, when the last of the hellions roam the plains and evil stirs beyond the edges of the map. A time when cities burn and, in their ashes, empires rise.
ALEXANDER, Macedon's sixteen-year-old heir, is on the brink of discovering his fated role in conquering the known world, but finds himself drawn to a newcomer...
KATERINA must navigate the dark secrets of court life while keeping her own mission hidden; kill the queen. But she doesn't account for her first love...
JACOB will go to unthinkable lengths to win Katerina, even if it means competing with HEPHAESTION, a murderer sheltered by the prince. And far across the sea, Zofia, a Persian princess and Alexander's unmet fiancée, wants to alter her destiny by seeking the famed and deadly Spirit Eaters.

My Review
Thoughts on the book: I found the start of Legacy of Kings to be really slow and I struggled so much with it that I nearly stopped reading and put it on the did not finish pile, which currently only has 2 books on it and is something that I absolutely loathe doing. But then all of a sudden the plot really started to pick up and I found myself really connecting with the story and the characters and wanting to know more of what was going to happen. I did figure out a key element of two of the characters stories pretty quickly , but really liked how the author finally broke it to the readers. I got that into the story that when I got to the end I was devastated because it meant that I have to wait until book two comes out in the series to find out the fates of all of the characters.
I will admit there was one thing that did annoy me a little, this is purely just my feelings and I don't really like this happening in any books, and that was the fact that each chapter was from a different characters perspective. I hated reading the character's chapter and be really getting into their story and then it would be next chapter and would switch to a different character where something else was happening. I prefer books to flow and we find out what is happening with each character as we go along not another 40/50 pages away.
Rating: 4/5 only because of the slow start
 

Comments