Book Review: Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Dragon's Lair
Author: Chantal Fernando
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
Dragon's Lair (Wind Dragons MC, #1)
When Faye discovers her boyfriend in bed with another woman, she does something incredibly stupid: she sleeps with his brother, Dexter Black. he's the boy next door who grew up to be one sexy biker dude, pure alpha male to the core. A tattooed muscle-bound fantasy in the flesh, Dex is now vice president of the notorious Wind Dragon MC. And now Faye's really screwed... She's a law student with a future. He's a criminal with a past. She's a good girl from a strict family. He's a bad boy who breaks all the rules. But once Faye straddles the back of Dex's bike- and experiences the thrill of the open road, the rush of pure adrenaline, and the roar of unbridled lust- there's no turning back. This good girl and her hot-blooded biker are in for the ride of their lives...

My Review
Thoughts on the book: Dragon's Lair is the  first book in the Wind Dragons MC series. It tells the story of Dex, the Vice President of the club, and Faye, the girl who grew up next door and who suddenly finds herself pregnant to Dex after one revenge filled night spent together after discovery his brother, her boyfriend at the time, in bed with another women.  
Dragon's Lair is my first book that I have read about MC Clubs (in case you don't know MC stands for motorcycle club) and I really liked the insight into a motorcycle club. I did read a few reviews upon obtaining a copy of the book and a lot of people were saying that it didn't really give a very big insight into what MC are like, but I found it really informative and it was kind of like what I expected one to be like. The storyline was fantastic, even though it might have been written about before in some other way by some one else this was a really refreshing take on it, mean come on who doesn't love reading about a lover scorned so they sleep with the brother or best friend from the wrong side of the tracks. Dex and Faye defiantly meet the two sides of these tracks, Faye the good, rich girl from next door and Dex the poor boy who always seems to find himself in trouble. But you also get to really see how very human everyone in the MC is, how they are basically normal people who live life a little bit different to everyone else, not mean, nasty people who are out to get everyone in the world and only want to cause trouble. They are their own family and would do anything for each other. Readers all over the world will fall in love with Dex, Faye and the rest of the MC club and be hanging out for the rest of the books in the series.

Favourite quote/moment:
“How would you like it if I poked you?” he asks, trying to keep a straight face. “You already did, you asshole! That’s how I got pregnant!” I yell in his face.” 

“my jaw drops open at the scene before me. I hope you got her to sign a consent form or a contract or some shit, i say , staring at the two of them. Fifty shades of Rake!” 

"And what did you get Dex?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.
He grins wolfishly. "I got to fuck a fairy."

Rating: 5/5

Comments