Book Review: Mai Tai'd Up

Mai Tai'd Up
Author: Alice Clayton
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)
The gossip mill in the seaside community of Monterey is churning about Chloe Patterson, the newcomer who is starting a sanctuary for rescued pit bulls. It's rumored that she's a former beauty queen (true) who ditched her fiance the morning of their wedding (also true). And while she's not looking for a new man, the good-looking local veterinarian has his eye on her. Absolutely, positively true.
When Lucas Campbell isn't at the family veterinary clinic, he's paddleboarding in Monterey Bay. Recently single, he's defiantly not in the market for a new relationship, but he still can't resist taking a second, third, and fourth look at the recent arrival of Miss Golden State.
Neither Lucas nor Chloe has any interest in being tied down. Being tied up, however- now there's a thought. But are a few Mai Tais, a moonlit night, and the music of Frank Sinatra enough to allow them both to forget their past? Let's hope Ol' Blue Eyes knows what he's doing.
Mix one part tiki, one part kinky, and a splash of old black magic matchmaking, and it's time to be ...Mai Tai'd Up.

My Review
Thoughts on the Book: Sexy Vet, Check, Hot Beauty Queen, check, Big secret, check. Romantic airport dash, check. Mai Tai'd Up has all the elements of greatness in it and it defiantly lives up to the high expectations that Alice Clayton fans will have. 
I finishes Screwdrived a few weeks before picking up Mai Tai'd Up and as you may know I wasn't too fazed on it. But upon picking up Mai Tai'd Up I was immediately drawn into Chloe's world and loved how we get surprise visits from Viv and Clark (Clark being Chloe's cousin) from Screwdrived and Sophia and Neil (bit of a spoiler here but surprise Sophia is Lucas's cousing) from Wallbanger and Rusty Nailed. Of course we get to meet another hot leading man, this time being Lucas a local vet who will have you rushing off to see if your own vets are just as appealing. They both have just broken off long term relationships and aren't looking for anything right now which we all know means that they are going to be flirting up a storm. They have undeniable chemistry and I spent half the book just yelling get together already.  
Mai Tai'd Up is a perfect fit into the Cocktail series and Lucas and Chloe defiantly are my favourite characters, behind Simon and Caroline of course and is a fantastic book showcasing that if you follow your dreams they will come true and that your happily every after is defiantly out there. This series is really a fantastic read that will have you laughing out loud with amazing one liners and with the sexual chemistry that everyone but the main characters seem to see which lead to some very interesting situations. 

Favourite part/quote:
I took a deep breath and looked into those gorgeous blue eyes. "I don't want to be your rebound. I just want to be yours. And I'm so, so very sorry for not telling you sooner about the way that I left Charles. I should have and it was stupid of me not to. I lied to you and I hate that I hurt you, when that's the last thing you deserve. Because you-" My breath caught, and my throat got tight. "You're it for me." 

Rating: 5/5

Comments