Review: Searching for Sky

Searching For Sky
Author: Jillian Cantor
Publisher: Bloomsbury Australia
Searching for Sky
River means everything Sky. They have lived alone together on Island for as long as they can remember. The two of them hunt for food, wash in Falls and curl up together in Shelter. Their life is simple and safe. Until River sees a boat...
Across Ocean is California, a place where nothing makes sense to Sky. She is separated from River and taken to live with a grandmother she doesn't know. Lost and heartbroken, Sky searches for him so they can return to Island, only to find out that their paradise wasn't as perfect as she thought, and everything she's ever known and loved may have been a lie.

My Review
Thoughts on the book: Wow this book just kept throwing curve ball after curve ball at me. It's hard to really say what I want to say without giving the whole plot away but I will say that it has been a very long time since I have been so shocked and thrown by a book and felt so much for a character.
I really can't comprehend what River and Sky had to go through when they got back to the mainland, to basically have to start living your life over from scratch because you don't know how thing are done or the people that are surrounding you. I especially felt bad for River as he had no one to guide him with how to do things in this new world that they were taken to, unlike Sky who has a loving grandmother and a team of professionals helping her to adapt.
Searching for Sky is defiantly in my Top 5 books for 2014.

Rating: 5/5

Comments