Rush Too Far review

Rush Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
 Rush Too Far (Too Far, #4; Rosemary Beach, #4)
Rush Finlay has earned every bit of his bad-boy reputation. With the luxury beach house, the fast cars and the endless stream of girls, he’s the envy of every guy in Rosemary Beach, and he handles it all with the laid-back cool of a rock star’s son. All Rush needs is his best friend, Grant, and his sister, Nan.

Until Blaire Wynn drives into town in a beat-up pickup truck with a pistol under her seat looking for her estranged father. Beautiful and angelic, Blaire instantly captures Rush’s attention, but when he discovers she’s his new stepsister he vows to keep his distance. Because Rush knows why Blaire is all alone in the world, and he knows if he gets too close it will destroy Nan. Rush has every reason in the world to stay away from Blaire… but it seems he just can’t resist.


My Review
Thoughts on the book: As many of you know I love Abbi Glines books and her writing style and Rush Too Far was pushed to the front of my TBR pile (to-be-read) as soon as I got it and devoured within a day.
Where to start with my review for Rush Too Far. I first fell in love with Rush Finley in Fallen Too Far, but never knew how he truly thought things went down from their first meeting. Now I know how he viewed things and got to understand why he did certain things.  We truly find out how hard he fell for Blaire from the start but how much he truly tried to fight these feelings for her because he didn’t want to hurt his sister (her half-sister at this stage of the book) who upon meeting Blaire hates her. But of course he can’t fight these feelings and falls hard for Blaire. We also get to see how cruel Nan is and this book solidified why she is one of my most hated characters ever. She is cruel, rude and so self-centred that I really don’t know how anyone can love her. I know she has been dealt a low blow in life but most people would pick themselves up and make themselves into a better person, not Nan though. 
Of course my favourite thing about reading Rush Too Far is watching Blaire and Rush fall in love all over again. We get to witness their epic love story from another pair of eyes and even though we know how book one ends I was still left crushed because it all came from Rush’s POV and for some reason it just seemed that much worse coming from his.

Favourite character: Is this question really warranted… because of course you know it’s Rush. I mean who wouldn’t love the hot, sexy, tattooed, son of a rock star that he is. He is not only insanely loyal to his friends and family, but upon being in love is ridiculously protective of that person and won’t let anyone or anything come between him and that person. 

Favourite quote/part:
‘She held a gun to my head, Rush! Do you not care about that? She could have killed me! Nan knew where I was going.
I stopped and looked at my mother first. ‘I’m going to get Blaire.’ Then I looked at my sister. ‘You will learn to shut your fucking mouth. You said the wrong thing to the wrong person this time, and you learned a lesson. Next time, think before you spew shit.’ I jerked the door open.
‘What if she won’t come back with you? She hates us, Rush,’ my mother said, sounding annoyed at the idea of her even coming here.
‘If she won’t come back with me, then you all will have to move out. I will not live in my house with the people with the people who destroyed her world. Decide where you plan to go, because I don’t want you here when I return.’ I slammed the door behind me.


Rating: what else would it be for an Abbi Glines book 5/5

Comments