Take a chance Review

Take a chance
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia


When Harlow Manning’s rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan’s room in nothing but his boxer briefs.
Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He’d known about Nan’s reputation, but still he couldn’t resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister- even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow’s eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?

My review
What I liked: I love how which each new release of Abbi’s books each one seems to be hotter than the one before it and this one was no exception. Harper and Grant have great sexual chemistry and I admit that I like them more as a couple than Woods and Della and Rush and Blaire.
I absolutely loved Harlow and Grant in Forever Too Far and was so excited to learn that Abbi was making a book about the two of them. I have been intrigued by Grant since we were first introduced to him in Fallen Too Far. I wanted to know more about Rush’s sexy brother and what made him tick and why on earth he would pursue a relationship with Nan. I also loved Harlow from the moment that I met her and couldn’t wait to find out more about her. I can tell you that you will certainly know the ins and outs about both Grant and Harlow by the end of the book. I love the relationship that developed between Grant and Harlow and the mystery illness that Harlow has. This mystery illness certainly had me guessing right up until the end and then had me so shocked that I’m sure my mouth was hanging open for a fair while.

What I didn’t like: I think I say this after reading all of Abbi’s books but the main thing I hate is that the book seems to always go so fast and that it actually has to end. I wish Abbi Glines had a never ending book so that I never had to finish her book and I also hate how long I have to wait in between each book.

Favourite character: SPOILER ALERT
Harlow is my favourite character in Take a Chance. Throughout the book we learn so much about her and her life and after each new turn that comes her way she somehow seems to be able to work through it without it seemingly really affecting her. I now I certainly wouldn’t have been able to deal as well with learning that my mother was alive after all these years and that everybody had lied to me. Also I don’t know that I would have coped as well as with living with the illness that she is. Although if I were Harlow I certainly wouldn’t be letting Grant Carter out of my sight or bedroom anytime.

Favourite Quote/part: “I was dead. That was the only explanation for this. I had made it to a place where little, sexy, dirty angels made men’s fantasies come to life.” 


Rate: 5/5

Comments