Forever too far review

Forever Too Far
By Abbi Glines
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Australia
 Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3)
Rush’s hot temper and impulsive attitude are the reasons that Blaire fell in love with him, but now, months into their relationship, Blaire wants the drama to stop. So when his family issues once again threaten to keep them apart, Rush has to choose what’s more important; blood ties or his future with Blaire.

Rush promised Blaire forever… but is that a promise he can keep, or will their happily ever after always be just a step too far for him to reach?

My review
(Does contain spoilers)
Forever to Far is the last book in the Too Far series. Rush and Blaire are finally engaged and seem to finally have their life worked out, no more family getting in the way. They settle down for their first thanksgiving dinner with the most important people in their life in attendance; their dad’s and their closest friends. Shortly after Blaire and Rush go to stay at Rush’s dad’s house in Beverly Hills to try and help Nan stop causing so much pain for her dad, Kiro (who she recently found out is her father). But once again Nan and Blaire are fighting and Rush is stuck in the middle. Will Rush finally make a decision between his family and Blaire? Will it be the right one that has him bringing up his son and marrying Blaire?

What a perfect ending for a perfect series. I really can’t tell you how much I fell in love with the characters in this series and also how much I didn’t want the series to end. But like all good things it must come to an end and I think it was a very fitting ending indeed. I am so glad that Rush finally pulled his head in and saw what a monster Nan was and put her into rehab. I mean if it was me it would have been a hard decision but I wouldn’t put the women who is carrying my child through what Blaire went through in Forever Too Far or the previous to books in the series.

I think there are two really touching scenes within the book and they are when Blaire and Rush finally make it down the aisle and when their baby boy is born. I love the wedding scene for many reasons but I think the most special of all is that Rush finally picks up a guitar and plays and signs a song that he has written for Blaire. Any woman who wasn’t already in love with Rush by now in the series certainly will be after reading that. And the birth scene is so touching because Rush really feels like he can’t do much and seeing Blaire in so much pain is making him feel helpless and like a failure even though he knows that something good will come out of it. After baby Nate is born into the world they really make the perfect little family.

I am also glad that Abbi decided to not only have Blaire and Rush tell the story from their POV but also Grant and Harlow. I loved reading what Grant and Harlow thought and I hope that that they end up perusing a relationship because I think they make a fantastic couple and after Nan, Grant deserves someone who will love him for him.

I can’t wait to see where Abbi takes us with the rest of the characters in the series and I can’t wait to dive into Woods and Della’s book and also Grant’s (which hopefully also features Harlow).

5/5

Comments